Monday, October 25, 2010

Looking For A Quick And Tasty Snack?

I actually found this recipe online, and I really liked it! So, I decided to try it, and it sure was delicious! It is the perfect snack if you are looking for something chocolaty and peanut buttery. It's quick and easy and is a recipe that you'll definitely want to keep for future party planning. This easy treat is called Reese's Squares. And guess what? IT REQUIRES NO BAKING!

You'll Need:
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

  • 1 lb confectioner's sugar (3 to 3 1/2 cups)

  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter 

  • 1 cup butter, melted

  • 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips



  • First you must combine the graham crumbs, sugar and peanut butter and then mix well. Next, you blend in all of the melted butter until well combined. Then,  firmly press the mixture evenly into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Melt chocolate chips in microwave or in double boiler, and spread over the peanut butter mixture. Then chill until just set and then cut into bars (these are very hard to cut if the chocolate gets "rock hard").


    This recipe was actually a good turn out for me. Although my family enjoys a sweet treat every now and then, they don't really go for chocolate and peanut butter together. But surprisingly, they really liked them, and I even ended up giving a portion of them to my neighbors. And they enjoyed them just as well.

    1 comment:

    1. Yum!! I love Reese's--now it looks like I can make a home-made version.
      -Mrs. Chen

      ReplyDelete